well im calling it done.This was a massive lesson in perspective and establishing it early so you dont spend the entire time putting band-aids on everything ! takes a lot longer and i think ultimately ended up with something over rendered .With that said if success is measure in things learned then this was a success .thanks for all who contributed feed back in the process!
Heres the steps on the Starjack varients.
- Do your initial Sketch
- Scan in the drawing and remember the settings for some later steps.That or just don't change them;)
- Impose some rough Geo using a 3d program.This was just ment to be a guide for me seeing as im still struggling with perspective.the nice part is theres nothing "true" about the Geo placement i just rotated the shapes until they looked right. I wouldn't necessarily do this step every time.
- Now print out your images.The important step was to print the image on the page and let it do it at its native resolution which should be 1:1 with the original .
- Draw all the crazy stuff you want to add!!Weeeeee!!!
- Scan the new drawings in using the original scanner settings .because the image is 1:1 you can copy paste the new detail drawings over your original in Photoshop.Line them up .
- erase the crappy parts of the new Drawing revealing the original underneath.